CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My favorite Vacations have always been with my family.

Though I've traveled all over the Western US, Alaska, Canada and a little into Mexico, You will always see me come back to the Coast as my favorite place to go. The Oregon Coast is fantastic! It's the feeling of that overwhelming power and the insignificance of man; the reality of time and our minute stay in this magnificent place .
The campground is backed up to the shore at Arizona Beach, furthermost NW corner of California. Jordon and I love this RV Park though it has been a few years since we were there.

One year when I took Jordon to stay the summer with Tony in Arkansas I brought his second wife, Linda's kids back to be with their Dad, here in Klamath. Most know what this picture is, the great Salt Lake. But, these kids had never seen anything like it, so they were out there getting a sample of salt to take home (being watched by Ozzy). What a wonderful trip that was. We stopped everywhere that was of any interest. That was the trip I took Jordon to Denver for an American Water Works National Convention (my work). We visited the Dinasour museum, the US Mint and saw money being made and stopped at the Anheiser Busch brewery to tour the process of making beer and saw the Clidsdales. Sorry for spelling errors

The Caves in Arkansas are fabulous!
We had a guided tour and it took 2 to 3 hours to go through this one set of caves. We all really enjoyed the rock formations, under ground creeks and pools and, we saw fish that live in there, albino fish with no developed eyes. What a great experience that was!

Jordon was 6 when we started traveling together. Every chance I could get away from work, we were on the road. He has been an absolute treasure to travel with. We drove mostly, but we also flew. The first trip to Arkansas to visit Tony, we went to Silver Dollar City with Tony's first wife and his Dad. We have been there several times since.

This is a view of Lake Union and a portion of Seattle from the Space Needle. We really like going to dinner at the Space Needle when we visited relatives in Seattle.

1 comments:

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

Great memories. I love the photos of the ocean. It looks so peaceful.