CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Orchids are Blooming

The greenhouse you see in the background is where Lizzy, and most of the rest of the plants live. The Orchids live in the greenhouse attached to the house. Both are geothermally heated and stay comfortable throughout the year. Mom and I have about 50 orchids. Not all have bloomed but we are hoping to have a complete catalogue in the future. The following are blooming now.
Pansy Orchid - lavender and white - "Lovely Pansy" - Dendrobium

This little lovely has boomed three times this year. It grows on cactus wood and I'm naming it - "Innocence"

This is a second blooming this year and has another spike to bloom. I'm naming it "Spidy"

Eight blooms on this gorgeous work and it's second blooming this year, 2008.

I will call this orchid, "Magnificent Velvet"

1 comments:

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

Holy cow! I have never know anyone to grow orchids, let alone keep orchids alive. You are amazing! And your orchids look amazing! I want to grow beautiful flowers too.